Privacy Notice - Quickline and GDPR
Quickline takes GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulation) seriously, and is committed to ensuring we do the right thing for you and your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect, how we will collect it and how we use your personal data.What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect, the way in which we will collect it and how we use that personal data will depend on the reason for which we have gathered it in the first place.
Ways your data can be collected:
- As a user of our products and services
- As a user of our website or Apps
- As a prospective employee of Quickline
We may collect your data by:
- A direct interaction with you through one of our contact channels
- Correspondence from you by post, email, phone, social media, customer portal or online tools
- An application for our products or services
- An enquiry about one of our products or services
- A request for marketing to be sent to you
- Completion of a survey or competition entry
We will only use your personal data with your consent for:
- Fulfilment of a current or potential contract between us
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Pursuing a legitimate interest
- Upholding our agreement to deliver and support the services we provide you
We have to share your personal data with:
- Other companies within our group
- Third parties who provide us with services to enable us to deliver the services we offer (some may be based outside of the UK)
- Our professional advisors or by third parties who provide us with services which we use internally to administer our services
- Regulators and other authorities for the purposes of prevention, detection, and prosecution of criminal offences
Where this occurs, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is applied in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Personal data will not be sold or transferred to third parties other than:
- In accordance with our Terms and Conditions or the terms of any other contract we have in place with you
- Where you consent to us doing so
You have several rights relating to your personal data which include:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold
- The right to ask us to correct or update any information
- The right to ask us to delete any information if we have no lawful reason to process it
- The right to request your personal information be transferred to another person or company
- The right to object to us contacting you for marketing
We will only use your personal data for as long as we require it to fulfil the purpose which we have collected it for, and any period we are required to keep the data.
In determining how long we can retain the personal data for we will take account of:
- The amount of personal data we hold
- The nature and sensitivity of the data
- If we can achieve our purpose without the use of your personal data
- Whether we need the personal data for business purposes such as legal or reporting requirements
We will keep this Privacy notice under review and may make changes from time to time which we will publish on the website.
If you have any further enquiries or concerns about our Privacy Notice, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01482 247 365.